Welcome to my bonsai blog!


Welcome to my bonsai blog!

Look around! Use the Search box, browse the Archive, and leave comments. Click on any picture to enlarge it.
I would be honored to have you follow my posts. There are two ways to do that.
-- If you have your own blog, use Join this site
to have notifications of my posts sent to your blog's reading list.
-- If you don't have a blog,
use Follow by Email: new-post alerts will be sent to your email address. Pictures aren't included; that's just how Blogger does it. For the pictures you come here!
Fora and vendors that I can recommend from experience are listed in the right sidebar.
For more about the ads, and just why I enabled them, please see "About the ads," below.
"And the LORD God made ... trees that were pleasing to the eye ..." Gen. 2:9, New International Version.

"Bonsai isn't just something I do; it's part of what I am." Remark to my wife and daughter.

Friday, July 12, 2013

"The Best-Laid Schemes;" Demo at Fair, Part 2.

"The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley [go oft astray]."
-- Robert Burns

     Actually, plans for a bonsai presentation at the Kosciusko Community Fair on Saturday, July 13th, haven't really gone "agley." The Master Gardeners have asked me to postpone my program until their Fall Harvest event at the beginning of October, and I have agreed. The topic will still be bonsai with tropical trees, and the presentation will still be open to the public.


So, if you planned to come and watch tomorrow, first, I thank you; and second, I hope that you'll be able to come in early October. (I think the venue is going to be more comfortable anyway.)

To help keep your interest alive (assuming you're interested to begin with,) here's a picture of my demo tree as a freshly-struck cutting, in late June of 2010. The main branch extension (yellow arrow) is now the primary trunk, and is almost as thick as the base of the cutting was three years ago.

It was the top of another Ficus microcarpa; now an independent tree. Picture taken with my old camera.
I hope to see as many of you as possible in October!

:-)  :-)  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment