Welcome to my bonsai blog!


Welcome to my bonsai blog!

Look around! Use the Search box, browse the Archive, and leave comments. Click on any picture to enlarge it.
I would be honored to have you follow my posts. There are two ways to do that.
-- If you have your own blog, use Join this site
to have notifications of my posts sent to your blog's reading list.
-- If you don't have a blog,
use Follow by Email: new-post alerts will be sent to your email address. Pictures aren't included; that's just how Blogger does it. For the pictures you come here!
Fora and vendors that I can recommend from experience are listed in the right sidebar.
For more about the ads, and just why I enabled them, please see "About the ads," below.
"And the LORD God made ... trees that were pleasing to the eye ..." Gen. 2:9, New International Version.

"Bonsai isn't just something I do; it's part of what I am." Remark to my wife and daughter.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Anniversary Haiku

     Princene and I celebrated our 13th anniversary today. As one of her anniversary gifts to the bonsaiist-to-the-core man she married, she composed a haiku for me:

Silvering hair,
Bonsai clippers placed with care -
Happy man content.

She has not attempted many haiku, but I'd say she did a fine job with this one!

Then our daughter NaevEnya took a picture to go with the haiku:

My wife writes a good haiku, and my daughter takes a good picture! (Tree is a Black Hills spruce.)
(For any who don't know, haiku is a Japanese form of poetry that, like bonsai, has come to be widely appreciated in the West. A haiku consists of just three lines, and traditionally contains 17 syllables, in a 5-7-5 arrangement, tho minor variation in the number of syllables is allowed. It need not rhyme, and usually evokes a mood and/or has something in nature as its subject.)
Thank you, sweetie! 
:-)  :-)  :-)

1 comment: