Welcome to my bonsai blog!


Welcome to my bonsai blog!

Look around! Use the Search box, browse the Archive, and leave comments. Click on any picture to enlarge it.
I would be honored to have you follow my posts. There are two ways to do that.
-- If you have your own blog, use Join this site
to have notifications of my posts sent to your blog's reading list.
-- If you don't have a blog,
use Follow by Email: new-post alerts will be sent to your email address. Pictures aren't included; that's just how Blogger does it. For the pictures you come here!
Fora and vendors that I can recommend from experience are listed in the right sidebar.
For more about the ads, and just why I enabled them, please see "About the ads," below.
"And the LORD God made ... trees that were pleasing to the eye ..." Gen. 2:9, New International Version.

"Bonsai isn't just something I do; it's part of what I am." Remark to my wife and daughter.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Bonsai Stolen - Toronto

     We sometimes see alerts about bonsai stolen in Europe, but - sadly! - it happens here in North America too. Please click on the link to the information at Lakeshore Bonsai:


Here's a picture, from Lakeshore Bonsai. Please be alert for this bonsai; a tree of this quality will not just blend into the typical backyard in the USA or Canada. Nor will it be easy to dispose of if the bonsai community, and our friends, are on the watch.

American larch bonsai (Larix laricina,) stolen in Toronto, Ontario on June 23, 2014. Photo from Lakeshore Bonsai.
If you have your own blog, especially in the USA or Canada, please pass on this alert! I learned of this theft from Ian Young's Bonsai Eejit. Ian learned of it from Lakeshore Bonsai. You get the idea. And writing this post has taken me all of about 15 minutes, link, picture, and all. Not much to ask, in my opinion.

}:-(   }:-(   }:-(

No comments:

Post a Comment